Safety Tips - Flood Water After a Disaster or Emergency
With recent flooding here in the state of Michigan, please take extra caution to protect your family and loved ones. There are several risks with flood & standing water.
- Keep children and pets out of the affected area until cleanup has been completed.
- Wear personal protective equipment, including rubber boots, rubber gloves, and goggles during cleanup of affected area.
- While cleaning up areas with mold damage, wear a NIOSH-approved N-95 respirator, or one that provides even more protection.
- Wash all clothes worn during the cleanup in hot water and detergent. These clothes should be washed separately from uncontaminated clothes and linens.
- Have your onsite waste-water system professionally inspected and serviced if you suspect damage.
Safety tips courtesy of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for a complete list