Hit and Run PDA 1942-17 and 1971-17
NATURE OF INCIDENT:
Two vehicle PDA MDOP to a yard
DATE & TIME:
- 04/08/2017 at approximately 2312 hours.
- CR665 north of 28th Ave., Township of Waverly, County of Van Buren, State of Michigan
- 40th Street and 8th Ave, Township of Bloomingdale, County of Van Buren, State of Michigan
- Unknown early 90's Chevrolet pickup truck gray in color. With heavy damage to the front end. Suspects’ vehicle is also missing its passenger mirror
- Three male subjects ages 17, 17 and 18.
- A female in her 40s
- 2000 Nissan Xterra, black in color.
Sheriff Daniel Abbott reports that a Van Buren County Deputy was dispatched to the area of CR665 north of 28th Ave. for a two vehicle property damage accident. Subsequent to the investigation, it was found both vehicles involved were traveling south on CR665 north of 28th Ave. The victim attempted to pass the suspect who was driving slowly. The suspect swerved towards him and made contact with the right rear quarter panel of the victims vehicle causing both vehicles to lose control and slide off the road and into a corn field. The suspect vehicle immediately left the scene south on CR665.
A short time later Deputies were dispatched to the area of 40th Street and 8thAve in Bloomingdale Township for a vehicle that drove through another victims yard and caused extensive damage. The vehicle drove onto the property from 40th street turfing a large portion of the front yard. The victim in this case went out to see what was going on and got in front of the vehicle causing the damage. The vehicle backed up and tried to go around the victim where he almost hit the victim. The driver crashed into the ditch but was able to get his vehicle out and back onto 40th Street. The victim described the driver in his late teens to early 20’s. There was also another unknown passenger inside of the vehicle.
It is believed that the suspect vehicle is an early 90's Chevrolet pickup truck gray in color. The suspect vehicle should have damage to the front driver side bumper along with other possible damage to the front passenger side mirror. If you have any information that could lead to the identification of the suspect driver please contact the Van Buren County Sheriff's Office.
- Deputy Jason Erickson, Van Buren County Sheriff's Office
- Sergeant Casey Davis
- The on duty sergeant can be reached at 269-657-3101 or Operations Lieutenant Jim Charon can be reached at 269-657-2006/e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Mobile phone users and online users can provide anonymous crime tips to the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office by sending a text Tip Soft message by sending a text message to “CRIMES” (274637) with the keyword VBCTIP from a mobile phone"