LEPC Meeting VBC EOC June 20, 2018, Minutes
Call to Order: 8:30 a.m. by Bob Kirk.
Introductions: No introductions were made around the table; see sign in sheet.
Review of Last Meetings’ Minutes: Minutes were reviewed by all in attendance; motion to accept minutes was made by Gary Brown and seconded by Ken High.
- Palisades Plant-
- Drill and Exercise Status: The drill while Bob was gone went well. There was a planning issue with an old marine warning and the first round of paperwork not being filled out completely by Wayne; this being corrected shortly after with the second round of paperwork. Bob advised that this paperwork issue was the same issue he had himself during the first drill. Some of the radiological stuff needs to be updated and Bob and Wayne going to be working with a new REP Planner that is going to be assisting.
- Kyle Mead-Farm Sarah Title III Sites (STATUS): Has 3 done at this time and in the process of working on a couple more while doing some training with a couple of techs in other counties.
- 2017 Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Planning Program Grant: Did submit the paperwork for this grant.
- Start Updating LEPC Plans-Review Sample Plan: Have started using the Cameo Suites to update some of this. The program is a little difficult, but they are using Allegan County’s format as a template and will be slowly working through them.
- Coca Cola Ferric Chloride Leak: On May 17th there was about 1100 gallons of Ferric Chloride that leaked in the plant. Taplin Environmental was called in to do the cleanup.
Gary Brown advised of training STRATEGOS is putting on, a Behavioral Recognition class, through KRESA. This would be 2 full days, the 27th and 28th and teaches you what behavioral patterns to look for. This is the model used at schools but could be used in businesses as well.
Call To Close: Dick Godfrey motioned to close the LEPC meeting and this was seconded by Wayne Polomcak. Meeting was adjourned at 8:40 a.m.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 9:00 a.m.