LEPC Meeting VBC EOC August 16, 2017 Minutes
Call to Order:
Bob Kirk called the LEPC Meeting to order at 8:31 a.m.
Introductions were made around the table to meet new attendee – April Serne; see sign in sheet for additional attendance.
Review of Last Meeting Minutes:
The group acknowledged they had reviewed the minutes. Mike Anchor motioned the minutes from July 21, 2017 be accepted and this was seconded by Dick Godfrey. All were in favor.
- Crop Production Services Meeting (Sarah Title 3): Original meeting reschedule to September due to being tied up with Palisades. We will be going over their site plan and security.
- Contract for Kyle Mead – Farm Sarah Title Title 3 Sites: This is looking good. The contract has been reviewed with Dick and the County Administrator and will go in front of the board on August 22nd.
- Updating LEPC Plans Continues: The Intern has spent several days updating plans into the new form and now Bob plans to do one or two a week, making contact with the companies, and updating contact information, pictures, etc.
- BASF: Reached out to us last week. They are a chemical company located at the main 4 in Mattawan. They recently found out they have aluminum paste (powder) that is a product high on the list for terrorist needs / activity and they will need to have a MOU similar to Palisades if there was a terrorist event. We will be doing a hazmat table top with them along with Mattawan PD and Fire.
- New Temp Contact for State LEPC Tom Weber: firstname.lastname@example.org: Tom is the temporary contact person and they will be filling this position permanently but when has not been determined.
- Website – LEPC Section: We will start posting minutes and updates, etc. to our section of the new website.
Call to Close:
Wayne Polomcak motioned to close the LEPC Meeting at 8:37 a.m. and this was seconded by Sally Kempf.
Scheduled for Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.