LEPC Meeting Minutes Sept 2017, Minutes
Call to Order:
Bob Kirk called the LEPC Meeting to order at 8:34 a.m. This was preceded by Bob reading an email from Red Cross representative John Lohrstorfer who was unable to attend this meeting as he is assisting on-site with hurricane relief in Texas. This email is attached.
No introductions were made.
Review of Last Meeting Minutes:
The group acknowledged they had reviewed the minutes. Dick Godfrey moved to approve the minutes from August 16, 2017 and this was supported by Mike Anchor. All were in favor.
- Crop Production Services Meeting (Sarah Title 2): Had meeting and were given a tour. They are talking about doing some drills and having us involved with that.
- Contract for Kyle Mead – Farm Sarah Title Title 3 Sites: This contract was approved by the board and was signed by Dick Godfrey and Kyle Mead at this meeting to make it official.
- Updating LEPC Plans Continues: We are still working to get these updated.
- BASF: We are still working on trying to get a date to meet that works with both schedules.
- DOLE Packaging: Will be sitting down with them and making sure they are still on track with their plans. They are very big on safety. We do this with them every year.
- Website - LEPC Section / Minutes Posted: Our section is up and running. We posted last month’s minutes per the by-laws.
- Subpoena for Reports for Oil Pipeline Leak in Geneva Township: Deb Hall at admin received a FOIA request for this information based on a law suit.
- Coca Cola Fire Drill and Future Drill Involvement: Bob attended a fire drill at Coca Cola and was impressed with their evacuation procedure. They want to include us in some upcoming Hazmat and active shooter drills.
- Albemarle - Luncheon: This is letting everyone know what is going on at the plant.
- MEDQ Tier 2 Reporting Webinar: There are some changes coming up that Wayne is going to sit in on.
Call to Close:
Wayne Polomcak motioned to close the LEPC Meeting at 8:40 a.m. and this was seconded by Jennifer Zordan.
Scheduled for Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.