PUBLIC SAFETY RENEWAL PROPOSAL - Aug 7, 2018 Ballot
This proposal will allow the county to continue to levy the 0.5332 mill previously approved by electors to fund drug enforcement and road patrol services, the previous authorization having expired with the 2017 levy.
The FACTS behind this RENEWAL
- 17 and 1/3 deputies.
- 1 secretarial position.
- Uniforms, K9 supplies, vehicles (usually two (2) annually), vehicle maintenance, equipment and miscellaneous other items.
- Accounts for roughly $1,700,000.00 annually for operations of the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office.
- 2017 9,520 calls for service 4,034 by next closest agency
4,298 traffic stops
1,270 attempted p/up’s/BOL’s
- 2018 (first six months) 4,741 calls for service
2,225 traffic stops
590 attempted p/up’s/BOL’s
- *22 deputies and sergeants on general road patrol; others are contracted deputies.